Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Add this to the list of problems I never anticipated....


Routine afternoon yesterday. Pick up Geoana from school, bring her home, start cooking the evening meal. No problem, right?

But I didn't count on having a rooster on my roof.

Don't believe me? I thought not, so I made sure to snap a few pictures for posterity.

Of course, then I had to face of issue of how to get poultry off my roof, as I don't want it strutting around in my backyard. Throwing rocks at it didn't work. Neither did taking the garden hose and shooting a stream of water in the bird's direction. Finally I went inside and took my Daisy BB/pellet rifle (a Christmas gift from my father when I was about 12 or 13).

For you members of PETA, I just aimed at its legs. My purpose was to scare it away, not finish it off. (And, since little Geoana was outside with me, I did not want to traumatize her by wanton killing, plus I was not in the mood to deal with rooster carcass.)

One shot.

That shot did everything the rocks and water could not. Not only did that rooster fly off the roof, it flew all the way across the street and into one of my neighbor's front yards (cattycorner). Mission accomplished. I sure hope it got the message.

Haven't seen it yet this morning.

No comments: