Sunday, October 11, 2015

Boring? Not So Fast.....

Earlier in the week I took a glance at Saturday's college football schedule.  

None of the contests appeared too interesting.  Easy to predict the winners, right?

Maybe not...

I chose to watch some of the Red River Rivalry but sure didn't expect Texas to play so well.  It's nice to be surprised along with nearly every resident of Texas and Oklahoma.  

The Nebraska-Wisconsin game seemed largely mundane, lot of punts back and forth.  But in the last three minutes or so?  No one sits down and no one leaves the stadium early.  Another heartbreaker for the Huskers.  

TCU versus K-State?  I figured it would be another blowout win for the Horned Frogs.  Not so.  I got sleepy late in the fourth quarter but was determined to watch this thing to the end.  I'm glad I did.  Despite my geographical location I will still root for the Texas schools.    

And surprising football upsets are known to happen in Manhattan, Kansas.

My alma mater?  Another money game and another big loss.  I took solace in the fact Kansas lost by a bigger margin to another Top-25 opponent.  A 59-point loss is worse a 49-point loss.  Take that, Rock Chalk!!

All of the day games shared my time and energy with cutting the grass and then going to exercise.  

Speaking of yard work, while I lamented in my last post that the temps aren't quite so cool I noticed yesterday there were more than a few dead leaves on the ground.  

Almost as if the trees know something...

No comments: