Monday, August 31, 2015

Last One For August

Tough to end the month on a blah note, but here we are.  

I've been battling the common cold for most of this past week.  Today it's mainly past, just the residual drainage and subsequent cough.  Still better than being Snuffleupagus with a sore throat.  

Outdoors it's as blah as inside the Geohouse.  Smoke from the wildfires in California and Washington caused our normally blue sky to be a creepy shade of white these past few days.  Lack of any precipitation kept the heavens the same color all the way though yesterday.  I'm looking forward to the end of this week when some rain is in the forecast.  We usually don't get squat but even if showers are in the general region that should be enough to break the monotony.  

Still I don't want to get in the mindset that external issues have to rule my mood.  I should enjoy the temperate temps before old man winter settles in for his many-months visit.  

And then I bemoan the constant cold temps and gray skies.  

Maybe some things don't change.  

No comments: