Monday, March 02, 2015

Watching

A week from today Apple has an event.

We all know what it's about:   Watch.

Even though I'm not a potential buyer (not now, anyway, since I said the same thing about the iPad and MacBook Air when they debuted) I am still curious about the models and pricing.  And about 50 other details.

I might need to take our household fashionista (Geoana) and watch the keynote together.  Given Apple is doing print advertising in Vogue that says a lot for their target market.  My child should have a great take on how the device actually looks.

I'm also wondering how a product that might cost several thousand $$$ for its high-end version will still be usable many years from now.  Timepieces are meant to last quite a while.  I still have a watch from my college days (that was a long time ago, folks).  And Apple is known for not supporting its first version of products for very long.  Reference:  iPod Touch first generation and iPad first generation.

But like so many others I enjoy watching (pun intended) these products be introduced and the overall reaction, first from the pundits then from the buying public.

No comments: