Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Literary

Book I just finished reading:   Catch–22

Lengthy but well worth the effort.  I can’t remember when I laughed so much reading a book--probably not ever since the The Milagro Beanfield War.   Yossarian lives!!

Book I am currently reading (fiction):  Illusion by Frank Peretti

This one’s on the Kindle.  I’m enjoying the journey since I am apparently very discerning when it comes to fiction.  Novels are easy to find.  Good novels are difficult to locate.  Since everyone’s definition of quality varies I sometimes have trouble locating a tome that is worth my time.  However since Illusion had overall positive reviews on Amazon I decided to go for it.  I’ve read several of Peretti’s novels and like most every writer he puts out the occasional clunker.  Glad my current read doesn’t fall into that category. 

Book I am currently reading (nonfiction):  The Mockingbird Next Door: Life With Harper Lee by Marja Mills. 

Geogal found this one at the local library (which has both fiction and nonfiction books, much to the surprise of our city-dwelling kinfolk).  A fairly easy read, this one does well at holding my interest.  I’ve never been to small-town Alabama but Mills’ prose easily puts the picture in one’s mind. 

By the next literary update I’m sure I will be on some different ones. 

No comments: