Saturday, September 21, 2013

Crisp

A good word to describe the last two mornings. 

Summer is winding down, fall is nearly (officially) here, and cool beginnings to the day are upon us here in NW Kansas. 

I've even seen a gang of turkey hens traipsing through my backyard during the past week.  Life is pretty good.  

Football also is here (hooray!), and I thought by the fourth Saturday of college football that we'd be done with all the money games and state-legislature-mandated contests (anyone bother to watch Texas A&M play Sam Houston State University?). 

Nearly every college pigskin pundit is lamenting today's contests. 

Patience, patience. 

Hey my family members!  What is the mood climate in Austin today?  I would have tuned in for last Saturday's matchup of Ole Miss versus the Longhorns but the television coverage was limited to the Longhorn (a.k.a. The Reason Texas A&M and Nebraska Left The Big 12 Conference) Network.   Which means more folks saw the game at the stadium then saw it on TV. 

At least I can watch tonight's K-State against Texas game on ABC. 

I'm not publicly taking sides for this one.  My supervisor bleeds Wildcat purple and many of my kinfolk see nothing but burnt orange on fall Saturdays. 

No comments: