Thursday, November 22, 2012

I'm Still Around

Reason for my absence?  Medical.

I've already blogged here about my back issues but unfortunately the problem didn't respond to either the physical therapy or the spinal epidurals.  So on Nov. 12 I underwent surgery.  I've been home bound ever since given I don't see the doc again until next Wednesday.  And yes, I am a bit restless.

So anyhow, my pre-surgery pain and post-op restrictions mean sitting at the computer keyboard is out of the question.  Today I decided to invoke parental privilege and use Geoana's iPad.  I'm in the Laz-E-Boy recliner tap-tapping out this piece on the virtual keyboard.

Rather than compose a piece that is very lengthy I decided instead to just put out short entries that will update you, dear reader, on the latest goings-on around here.

But for today's entry, how can I not refer to tonight's college game?  Texas versus......TCU?

Yeah, kind of the sentiments of my family.  Regardless what the sports writers and announcers on ESPN postulate, Texas versus Texas Tech is NOT a new rivalry game.

Shoot, I don't even know who Texas A&M is playing this weekend.

Other parts of the country are suffering the same issues due to conference changes.  Colorado versus Utah (instead of Nebraska); the aforementioned Huskers playing Iowa instead of CU; no West Virginia against Pitt.  Lots of folks will just have to "deal with it.".

But members of my clan will be at Austin for tonight's game.

Have fun.

No comments: