Monday, March 05, 2012

Tribute

Yesterday afternoon (and into the evening) Geogal and Geoana spent quality time in front of the tube watching episodes of "The Monkees."  I was in and out, working on the garden area and enjoying the mild temps (see previous post). 

But even with my occasional trips to the basement (where the entertainment center is located) I today still have aftereffects of the show.  My mind's ear is treating me to a medley of Monkees hits. 

....Take the last train to Clarksville.........she, she told me that she loved me.........she's a star collector (collector of stars), she only seems to please, young celebrities..........then I saw her face, now I'm a believer, not a trace, of doubt in my mind............I wanna be free, like the bluebirds flying by me.........cheer up sleepy Jean, oh what can it mean, to a daydream believer and a homecoming queen......Mary, Mary, where you going to? [Glen Campbell guitar riff]..........I'm gonna buy me a dog, cause I need a friend now......


And now they're in your head too!   Ha!!

No comments: