Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The passage of time

A couple of things to share here. 

First I realized (during the 4-o'clock-hour) that today marks exactly four years since I arrived in this town.  Next week will mark four years at this job. 

Wow. 

I sure didn't think I'd stick with it for this long.  We have several friends who predicted our return to the Grand Canyon State within a couple of years, at most. 

I guess that's what can happen when one enjoys his work and his workplace.  I can't picture doing what I'm doing for the rest of my career but I can envision staying here for another few years.  We will certainly see what transpires. 

____________________________

The other thing:

Ever since mid-January I've been struggling with pain in my lower back and down my left leg.  Geogal finally had enough and just about ordered me to the doc.  An examination, some X-rays, and an MRI later we finally have an answer. 

I have a herniated lower disc. 

Wasn't caused by any kind of traumatic event.  It's not a consequence of lifestyle.  I'm not overweight. 

Bottom line, I'm getting older and this is the age range where these types of things show up. 

Now I'm looking to see what the medical professionals have to say regarding treatment. 

At least it's good to know what's causing the problem. 

No comments: