Thursday, December 02, 2010

Recooping

On Thanksgiving Day I got hit with a sore throat, fatigue, and general ennui. It progressed into the weekend, then moved into my nasal cavity.

Over the past few days I've felt like a phlegm factory.

(Readers are now thinking: Ewwww, Geoguy! Too much information!)

Yesterday I finally heeded Geogal's direction and saw the P.A. She put me on a Z-pack as it appears I have a sinus infection.

Needless to say, I haven't been real active for the past week. But I have had a chance to get some reading done. Finally read H.G. Wells' "The Time Machine." I'm now recommending little Geoana read it, she should be able to get some AR points and enjoy one of the first works of science fiction at the same time.

The week prior I enjoyed a couple of books my wife got me through the local library system. One fiction and one nonfiction.

Nonfiction: Going Home to Glory by David Eisenhower

Fiction: Trophy Hunt by C.J. Box

I strongly advocate both. They do well to feed one's inner historian leanings and sense of outdoor adventure.

No comments: