Sunday, December 05, 2010

The End, And The Beginning

The End of the college football regular season. Sigh. Seems to go faster every year.

I couldn't stay awake last night to watch the outcome of the Nebraska-Oklahoma game.

Now I'll struggle to stay awake during some of these (blecch) bowl games.

And the NFL is no consolation prize. Their games tend to be bigger snoozefests than some of the college matchups.

___________________________

The Beginning of Real Winter. Woke up to a light dusting of snow. Light enough that just about all of it has melted by now.

I'll enjoy that detail as it lasts. Before I know it the roads will be snowpacked, icy, and will require finesse to navigate. Not to mention brushing powder off of the truck in the morning.

___________________________

Do I have a BCS pick? Oregon.

Listen to the hype about Cam Newton and tell me that doesn't light a fire under the Ducks. Not to mention they will be looking for January redemption after that embarrassing Rose Bowl defeat in 2010.

Should be a very good game. Brawn versus swift.

No comments: