Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Always remember the laughs

Earlier this year I wrote about "It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World" having another lead actor going to that great premiere in the sky.

That flick losing its performers doesn't throw me too much. IAMMMMW was a bit before my time.

Not "Airplane." I remember seeing this one in the movie theater. With my mom, younger sister, and three cousins. I remember it well. After only one viewing I could recount certain scenes with the best of them.

So to hear that Leslie Nielson died a few days ago was sobering. Now Lloyd Bridges, Robert Stack, Peter Graves, Barbara Billingsley, and Leslie have all left us. But, as with the previously mentioned movie, the celluloid/videocassette/DVD/Blu-Ray/insert next format here will always be around for our enjoyment.

Might just have to watch "Airplane" this weekend.

No comments: