Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Alone at last

I'm not referring to being away from my family for a couple of days. That's not good.

Rather, I'm alluding to being able to take a work-related road trip by myself. Why is that a good thing?

Faster travel (fewer stops), freedom to listen to whatever keeps me alert at the moment, I don't have to talk, and I'm not bound to bow to the wishes of others.

That's not to say I didn't enjoy my out-of-state travel last month. The traveling collegue/companion made a long drive tolerable. However since I am an introvert (those who know me are well aware of this) I derive strength and energy from the times I spend alone. Renewal!

And the freedom of making one's own decisions from speed to noshing just adds to the enjoyment.

Not only that, but I got to adjust to the Sirius satellite radio new channel lineup. Gotta switch some presets and make room for new ones!

Plus I clicked the radio over to the AM dial for some interesting listening (and distant catches). The day was clear, the time of the year features little solar interference, and good ground conductivity in Kansas adds up to one busy radio dial! Needless to say I was happier than a pig in slop. (Yes, I am a nerd who has tendencies toward catching electrical signals out of the air. More on a home-related project that stems from this interest will be the subject of a blog entry to come later this week.)

Before I go, I better put this sentence in here--I think it's against the blogger code to end a posting with a closed parenthesis.

No comments: