Saturday, September 13, 2008

Quick hitters for Saturday

Wildlife watch: Seen in our (and then the neighbor's) backyard two mornings ago: around 15 wild turkeys.

________________________________

There's no way I'm paying $30 to watch the New Mexico State-Nebraska game on TV. Better get my ears ready for radio's play-by-play.

________________________________

I did so-so in last night's high school football picks. Hope my college choices are a little better. (I did get 7 games right last week. Got my name in the local newspaper, along with many of my co-workers. It's just a fun pigskin pick contest, no gambling involved.)

________________________________

Almost have my rooftop antenna project ready to go. I just need to figure out how I will mount and anchor the thing. No small yagi, this. The one I'm buying is 14 feet long and 9 feet wide. (But according to the reviewers, it really picks up!)

No comments: