Thursday, September 25, 2008

Blogging for the sake of it

I hit these periods occasionally.

I just have nothing to say. Nothing to add to the global community of opinion. Not even a snarky input on pop culture.

Not to mention I was busy the past several nights and weekends pursuing professional-related activities. Glad that's over for now.

So, here is what is going through my noggin right now:

The MLB season is coming to an end (at least the regular season is). I won't be involved in the postseason gaggle of games. Why? Because the Astros and Diamondbacks aren't playing. Therefore I just don't care.

At least it's not 2004.

And what is it with University of Texas football standouts? First Ricky Williams. Then Cedric Benson. And now this.

I acknowledge Young has plenty of time to redeem himself. And he just might.

I do have a problem with that writer using the word "coddled" referring to quarterbacking the Longhorns. There is nothing about being a QB for the 'Horns that could be considered soft or easy. The pressure to win at that school, just as in every major college program, is immense. I would argue the football standouts earn every accolade they get. The Big 12 is a rough conference.

So maybe Young can bounce back. No reason to believe he can't.

No comments: