Friday, July 27, 2007

Whaaaaaat?

In the "did I just hear what I think I heard?" category, I was listening to Sirius NFL radio yesterday afternoon and they aired Billy Martin giving Michael Vick's prepared statement to the public. As I was behind the wheel, I was not paying full attention to the audio, but the phrase "spring training" came from the mouth of Mr. Martin, Esq.

Huh?

Later on the NFL Network's Total Access program, they showed the text of the statement with the phrase "training camp" in brackets.

Hmmmm.

This morning, a quick Technorati search shows I indeed heard correctly. I think this guy is right on. As Vick has played football since the age of 8 or 9, there's just no way he would ever use the term "spring training. Just goes to show that a law degree and knowing one's way around a courtroom is no assurance of total accuracy. You would think Vick would have at least one lawyer on his team who is familiar with the NFL.

No comments: