Sunday, April 22, 2007

Sunday thinking

So much, so much, so much.....

So much about which to muse, so little time to sit down and type. What do I share in this forum? What do I keep to myself?

I'll figure that one out as I go along.

_______________________________


Part of me is enjoying the relaxed pace of a Sunday, while Geogal and Geoana watch “The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy,” the TV series, not the movie (which we have already seen).

Of course, last Sunday I relaxed by watching my latest Netflix offering, Bullitt, with Steve McQueen. A manly man's movie. And yes, after watching the movie beginning to end, I used the DVD's menu to watch the car chase sequence again.

_______________________________


Phoenix Suns? NBA? Who cares? We tend to only watch college basketball in our house.

_______________________________


Work life? Nothing noteworthy. Except that I plan to engage in the Great American Dream in a few months. I'll keep you posted.

_______________________________


Regarding the tragedy in Virginia? I read this piece, with which I wholeheartedly agree. And shame on the broadcast media for repeated airings of that sicko's video he sent to NBC. My understanding is that the news outlets are now being taken to task by various factions. Good. Yes, I believe in freedom of the press. However I strongly assert a free press also must be responsible as well.

_______________________________


That's it for now. More entries are forthcoming, of course. Now that April is slowly leaving us, I will plan some off-road and out-of-town ventures which may become featured in my companion blog.

No comments: