Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Quickly...

...before I dash off to attend to other (more pressing) things of the day.

Last night, Geogal and I had an amusing exchange. 7 p.m. was fast approaching and she turned the channel to Fox. I commented: "I don't even know who was voted off last week."

Her answer surprised me: "Sanjaya."

I still can't believe I didn't hear about that through some means. I never thought I was that cut off from the mass media (although in the realm of celebrities and entertainment that might not be such a bad thing).

I was halfway expecting to see headlines proclaiming: Our Long National Nightmare is Over.

One can even place blame on Messers. Jackson, Abdul, and Cowell for choosing that bizarre character to make the cut of 24. But remember, even the best of professionals can still get it wrong every now and then.

_________________________________

Good news: The Diamondbacks managed to score some runs in last night's game. Five, to be exact. I think that's more than they got collectively during that entire series with San Francisco.

Bad news: The opponent scored even more runs.

I'm not wailing and moaning. It's still early in the season and I have confidence this team will do OK. Not great, but certainly OK. No cellar-dwellers here.

No comments: