Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Anticipation...is (not) making me wait

This morning, Geogal and I leave for a few days in Old Mexico. Just needed to take a few minutes and do some quick blogging.

Geogal, of course, read the previous entry. She agreed with my self-questioning, but added her thoughts that once one becomes a parent, the wanderlust usually subsides. Yesterday, as I was discussing this subject with a colleague who is, well, more mature than me. (I don't want to say she's older, although she is a grandmother.) She had the same conclusion as Geogal. And she encouraged me to just relax and have fun. It's nice to be reminded of the basics at times.

By the way, no photoblogging for this trip. I am taking the camera, but will leave the MacBook at home, along with my iPod. Two reasons. First, I don't want to risk these things being stolen, even though they were just at much as risk during the recent Texas sojourn. Second, it might behoove me to be less "plugged-in" during this journey, to allow myself to just soak up the local culture, and spend some time reading as I sit by the sea.

I'll have fun.

No comments: