Monday, April 25, 2005

Don't stop the music

A very OK weekend! No complaints! Geogal finally got her I-Pod Shuffle out of the box and working. She already has a playlist downloaded to the thing and was bopping around the house most of the weekend. Making me jealous, as I have yet to own any MP3 device.

Lileks had a great entry today about how retailers tend to decrease in customer service as they increase in size. Reminds me of the time I spent the better part of two years taking parts orders for Sears many eons ago. (Don’t laugh, I needed to eat.) I still remember the day Geogal told me it was OK to up and quit, after I had endured difficult supervisors and a litany of cranky callers one rough Saturday. I called that day “Liberation Day.” It was an annual celebration in our house for several years following.

Doesn’t a celebration call for a gift? Like an I-Pod Shuffle?

But a check of my mental calendar reminds me that Liberation Day is in September. Hmmmmmm, what monumental event happened in our household in, say, May or June?

No comments: