Wednesday, October 10, 2018

From The Idiot Box

One more point to make from the July road trip:  

That Suburban is the best vehicle to use for expeditions (wait, isn't that the Ford version of the large utility vehicle?)....excursions (wait, another Ford product of the same variety which is no longer manufactured)...uh, journeys?  (Think we're OK there.)  Plenty of room, comfortable ride, numerous amenities.  And the ability to put E85 fuel in it when we're in corn country makes for a cheaper fill-up.  

Now the child needs to make her college choice.  Won't be an easy one.  

___________________________________

A couple of weeks ago I did something I haven't done in I don't know how long.  I watched the premiere episode of a TV series on its first airing on the network.  

The promos for "Manifest" looked interesting enough to catch my interest.  And so far, so good.  

That's saying quite a bit as I'm something of a tough customer when it comes to TV viewing.  I've decided to only watch what's worthwhile and drop a series when it's obviously getting stale.  (Learned that lesson from "The Simpsons" and "Cheers.")  Of course I thought the pre-season promos for "Dark Angel" (remember that show?) looked equally awesome but that program turned out to be a  royal piece of fecal matter.  

As with everything, time will tell if Manifest holds my interest.  Sorry to say I had near-equal anticipation for "New Amsterdam" but all it took was my watching the first installment to decide I was done.  

I don't even want to get into the reasons why.  

No comments: