Tuesday, November 07, 2017

One more!

Why not do another entry about the Astros?  Besides these are thoughts and tidbits that really didn't fit into the previous entry.  

I admit I looked at the postseason with doubt (what Astros fan wouldn't after all these years?).  Taking care of the Red Sox was a good start.  Then I learned New York knocked out Cleveland.  Oh, great.  When it comes to MLB championships I fall into the ABY crowd.  Anybody But the Yankees. But that series came to a satisfactory end.  

Time for the Big One.  I remember prior to the Series starting asking the baseball gods to have the Astros win at least one.  Who wants to be known for being swept both times you make it to the WS?  

Game One.  Oh, rats.  Then Game Two settled my brain.  

Fast forward to the near-end.  True, the Astros lose a heartbreaker in the form of Game Six.  

And I confess, I didn't immediately check the 'net or any other media for the results of Game Seven.  Just other stressors on my mind causing baseball to go to the bottom of the list.  

Then Geogal had a the privilege of telling me the Astros did indeed win.  That was all I needed.  Fire up the MacBook and read all about it!  

How about this for trivia?  I believe the Astros are the only MLB club to represent both the American and National leagues in the World Series.  Plus they might hold that distinction for a long time.  

Congratulations to all members of the Astros organization.  

No comments: