Sunday, June 09, 2013

A fine Sunday evening ahead

The new season of Ice Road Truckers will begin this evening.  And to make a good situation even better, all of the eps this year take place in Manitoba.  No Dalton Highway.  Why is that good?  Because one week ago today Geogal took a coach up to the Arctic Circle which involves going up the Dalton.  Had this roadway been featured in this year's IRT, she would have been insufferable whenever we caught an episode. 

"I've been there!"  "I've seen that curve."  "I recognize where that is."  "The TV camera just doesn't do justice to what that area REALLY looks like."   And so on. 

And tomorrow the 2013 WWDC will open in San Fran.  I will be working and therefore won't be able to watch the keynote live but if I have the chance I will watch it on 21st century Memorex tomorrow evening.  I'm looking forward to the upgrades and improvements that are no doubt coming to the Mac line.  Just before we dropped Geogal off at the Denver airport I commented that Geoana and I would be heading to the Apple Store at Cherry Creek after we discharged our Alaska-bound family member.  I even alluded to being "bad."  To my surprise Geogal said I had permission to be "bad." 

I only wound up buying the new Apple earbuds ($30). 

While I drooled over the Macbook Air I decided to take a pass, mainly because I was curious over how this product would be upgraded in just a short while.  I know full well the newer iPads and iPhones won't be introduced until the fall so buying an iPad mini at that time wasn't happening. 

That's OK.  I can wait. 

No comments: