Sunday, December 16, 2012

Forget trying to be cool in front of the family

Last weekend, during the family visit to the homeland (a.k.a. Texas) I briefly brought up the latest cool iPhone app I found. Spy Mixology. Grabbed my phone and was going to give them a demonstration. And the app doesn't work. Doesn't do anything. Just stays on the opening screen. A visit to the App Store suggests the reason: it's been updated and has a new name (The Covert Cocktail). Updating it, plus the other apps that boasted of newer versions, brought back the list of drinks that appear in the James Bond movies, the recipes for each, and the required liquor cabinet for any die-hard 007 fan wishing to imbibe just like ol' Jimmy. Unfortunately the update process came about a bit too late for my family visit. So much for impressing them with my electronic advances. There's always next time.

No comments: