Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Another Day After

Yet one more Christmas is in the books.  I'm not breathing a sigh of relief, nor am I feeling great sadness.  Given everything else happening in our lives it seemed this year that Xmas was merely a small diversion from our busy existence. 

Are we all happy with the gifts?  Of course.  And while Geoana is not Ralphie Parker, she did get a BB gun for Christmas.  Not a Red Ryder carbine, but an Avanti model 499, the kind they use in competition. 

Yes, her own gun.  She's already got designs (no pun intended) on how to customize it as only she can.  Possibly involving the use of pink camo tape on the stock. 

______________________

In thinking about my past two road trips I decided for 2013 I am in need of a FUN jaunt.  I don't know yet about the destination but given my prior two ventures (Kansas City at the beginning of November, and Texas in early December) I decided I am sorely desiring a time to just enjoy hitting the pavement for the sake of the travel.  While neither journey was unpleasant in itself, my back pain prevented me from fully enjoying the KC experience (even though I hit Arthur Bryant's for BBQ) and the length, the post surgery issues, and me being the solo driver for three states and almost 900 miles one-way took away from a Texas venture I normally cherish. 

Shared these thoughts with Geogal earlier today.  I also challenged her to come up with a fun destination.  I imagine we will compare notes sometime before she completes her school program. 

______________________

Speaking of the Texas drive, a thought occurred to me somewhere on the road where fatigue was beginning to take its toll.   Should I follow through on a childhood dream and learn to fly a single-engine plane?  With the end result of getting a pilot's license? 

There.  It's public now.  Now I will have to, if just to save face.  Once Geogal completes her schooling we should have the funds to make such a goal possible. 

No comments: