Monday, October 17, 2011

Danged near perfect

Last Friday evening I took little Geoana out to the high school football game.

I enjoy the game.  She partakes in social activities.

I sit in the stands.  She goes to the grassy hillside and holds court with her friends.

I follow the game.  She's vaguely aware of the gridiron contest.

We both make use of the concession stand.

Last Friday evening was about as close to perfect as football game weather can be.  Clear.  No wind.  Cool temps.  In fact the temps started going down quite a bit once the sun dipped below the horizon.

The only thing marring this outing was the performance of our guys.  They were shut out and were plagued with mental mistakes.

But I guess that's not important in the long run.  Not when you're making memories like what I just described.



(Taken during pregame warmups.  If this isn't Americana I don't know what is.)

No comments: