Wednesday, August 17, 2011

It only took 3 years

But I finally was able to take little Geoana to Kool-Aid Days in Hastings, Nebraska (where it was invented).

Featured the world's longest Kool-Aid stand. Just plunk down a few dollars to get a couple of commemorative mugs, and the child and I could have as much of the sugary drink as we could consume.

As I told Geogal before we ventured forth: "I hope they have plenty of porta-potties."

They did.

And, as it turns out, Kool-Aid is progressive and embraces people of all lifestyles:


_______________________________

Getting cool in the mornings. Just a hint of fall in the air.

(Had to include that piece especially for my Texas kindred, who are suffering through one of the worst summers imaginable.)

_______________________________

Speaking of the hint of fall, I walked out of the house today, started the truck, drove to the end of the street, and before making the turn saw about six turkey hens congregated next to the ballfield.

First sighting of the season. Autumn's a-comin'.

No comments: