Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Incommunicado

My latest toy (i.e. an iPhone 4) arrived yesterday. Setup is (mostly) done. It works fine but I'm still waiting for the porting process to be complete. I elected to keep my same cell phone number and Verizon is just waiting for my previous carrier to give the "OK."

I can use all of the non-phone functions. Actually right now the only things I can't do with it are receive an incoming call or text.

And a couple of days ago our land line phone resumed its weird habit of not allowing us to call out, although incoming calls still go through. (Geogal finally had enough and ordered a new phone/answering machine combo via Amazon.)

At least these telephonic idiosyncrasies still allow for full communication with the outside world. Not only that, we still have Geogal's cell (and my old cell phone) for full phone privileges.

I'm glad my ancestors can't see this. They only had to endure drought, famine, poverty, continual wars, high infant mortality, and live by the sweat of their brow.

Me? I'm having phone issues.

No comments: