Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Frost on the Pumpkin

Literally.

Last Friday I drove to Nebraska and the thermometer was over 90. Had to turn on the AC. In early October. In this area. What the hey???

Last night, though, little pockets of frost. And I noticed tonight as I was taking the raked leaves to the curb that it was getting chilly fast.

Time to break out the long sleeves and start brewing some decaf in the evenings!

_____________________________________________

You know you're getting old when:

You go to a classic car show and the second prize winner is a 1979 Pontiac Trans Am.

_____________________________________________

Saw a lovely sight last Friday morning. I took the day off from work, and instead engaged in a fair amount of yard work. After finishing the tasks I got all the clippings together and hauled them off to the landfill.

After turning off the main highway I slowed down and, sure enough, there were four pheasant roosters getting ready to cross the road.

Season's just a little over a month away.

No comments: