Monday, February 04, 2008

Yes, this is about The Game

I'll join in the post-Super-Bowl-comments. (Blogging does have its privileges!)

Yet I will not add my voice to the cacophony of those in the Valley of the Sun saying to the football and golf tourists: "The game and the tournament are over. Now get the hell out!"

Both the Super Bowl and the FBR Open took place far from my neighborhood. During last week my lifestyle was unaffected by the added people. I'm not a partier, never have been, so I stayed far away from Scottsdale watering holes.

So come again, spend your money here. The locals can use the boost to the economy.

_________________________________

My two favorite commercials? The Bud Light "fire breathing" spot and the Diet Pepsi Max featuring Troy Aikman and Joe Buck. (Did you catch Aikman's deadpan expression right into the camera?)
_________________________________

Brothers who are quarterbacks win Super Bowls in consecutive years.

And both are named MVP.

These two men are humble, family-oriented, and dedicated to their craft. They appear to both have a healthy sense of humor and are not afraid to laugh at themselves.

Neither one is caught up in the celebrity lifestyle. Nor are they ones to engage in assignation with actresses or supermodels.

I could go on, but you get the point.

Archie Manning, a person of whom I was unaware until Peyton Manning hit professional football, has my utmost respect as a person and a father.

Archie and Olivia obviously did something right.

No comments: