Friday, March 10, 2006

Some sports stuff

This was bound to happen.

The various sports pundits are correct: in the end, it's the win-loss record that counts.

But Evans is a man of honor and will land on his feet.
******************************************************

We're just barely into spring training and I predict........wait a minute. I've already done my prognosticating for this season.

Yeeesh. Now that's a time-warp kind of experience. Good thing my recall powers kicked in before I finished the above paragraph and looked like a fool.
******************************************************

I do wish Barry Bonds would just drop off the face of the earth. Then baseball could actually be a game again and not some kind of freak sideshow.

Yes, yes, I know that he has a God-given talent to hit a baseball. (It doesn't matter if you're juiced-up or not, if you can't hit a ball to save your life, you won't be sending white-with-red-stitching artillery into McCovey Cove on a regular basis.) It would be due justice if he is unable to pass Hank Aaron on the all-time home run list. Aaron remains a monument of dignity and discipline. Let his record be broken by someone who earned that right.
******************************************************

I'm waiting to see if the Arizona Cardinals are willing to spend money this offseason to address their weak areas. The team appears to have plenty of spending room under the cap. Will the Bidwell family cough up the bucks?

No comments: