Thursday, July 07, 2005

The Brits, The Blogs, and My Brain

While the tragedy in London is still being investigated, analyzed, and digested, I have taken a closer look at some of the blogs I frequent. Of particular interest to me was RadioEqualizer, who had this post on how many local and national talk hosts are off presently (must not be a ratings book period). While he makes several good points, I must disgree with his assertion that: "Hosts who care about their audiences should cut trips short or do remote broadcasts today."

As a former radio man myself, everyone behind the microphone deserves a certain amount of time off. Granted, many of the fill-in hosts are less than desireable, but we still live in the real world, where professionals need down time in order to recharge one's creative battery. If I'm in Hawaii on a 2-week vacation, I'm away. Radio is what I did, but it was not who I was. Maybe that's one reason I am no longer in the business.

I don't miss it.

I would put the British Union Jack here, but I don't know how to paste an image into my blog. Yet.

(The change in font size is due to Blogger's somewhat poor software, which will not let me convert this text from small size to normal size, as you see above. The disadvantage of using a free blog site....)


No comments: