Sunday, April 18, 2021

Change of seasons and change of attitude

It's still April and I'm still learning just what Minnesota April can do to a person, weather-wise.  

Two weeks ago today everyone here was enjoying sunny skies and temps approaching 80.  However....this past Wednesday morning I headed out the door to tackle another workday and found a nice dusting of snow on my truck.  Snow over a smidge of frost on the windshield.  

"For the love of....," I mumbled, to no one in particular.  I really thought I was done with all that scrape-and-warm-up-truck-to-defrost-windshield routine for the season.  

Maybe my new mantra needs to be: "May is coming."

_____________________

I knew this moment would come eventually.  My iPhone 7 Plus, while still giving me decent service, is showing a few signs of hardening of the arteries.  Yes, eventually it will be going to mobile device heaven together with all its kind.  

But I confess, I really am not excited about getting a new phone.  Maybe I'm just getting old or perhaps my attention is focused on other aspects of life.  Plus these phones are getting really freakin' expensive.  

Maybe an iPhone SE.  

I remember ten years ago when Apple agreed to enter into agreement with Verizon, I was thrilled to finally get that hot product (I wasn't going to deal with AT&T).  

A lot can change in a decade, yes?


No comments: