Monday, July 06, 2020

The Movies (Stay-At-Home Viewing Part Three)

Last entry was about the TV shows, now on to a flick update. 

Yesterday, courtesy of Prime, I caught "Mommie Dearest," a film I recall getting a lot of attention at the time of release but which I never saw.  Until now.  

It falls somewhere between my desire to enjoy older movies and my guilty pleasure of viewing movies that are "so bad it's entertaining."  

It turned out to be another one of those films that had me stating to Geogal as the closing credits rolled: "Now let's watch a comedy."  

Last Thursday the child and I watched "2001, A Space Odyssey" for the second time.  Undoubtedly this is a film that is slowly growing on me (not unlike "Contact").   My history of watching it is detailed enough it warrants its own separate entry on this blog.  

Two Sundays ago all three of us enjoyed "Where'd You Go, Bernadette?"  While eternal reviews are mixed I can't argue with the film's overall thesis:  All of us are gifted to do certain things, and don't try to shove a square peg into a round hole!!

A look at the DVD queue shows titles such as "Citizen Kane," "Marty" and "Downton Abbey."  I expect some quality viewing time in the near future.  

No comments: