Thursday, May 14, 2020

Is There Really Any Shame During COVID-19 Lockdown?

In my last entry I detailed my guilty pleasure as watching “The Masked Singer” every Wednesday night.  Do I dare add a new one?  

Early last week I recall seeing promos for a Fox program titled: “Celebrity Watch Party.”  At the time I shook my head (figuratively) and mumbling “so it’s come to this?” regarding network programming ideas that can be done quickly and in an inexpensive manner.  

But in spite of myself….

Come last Thursday evening we already had it on the Fox station (watching the 6 and 6:30 episodes of “The Big Bang Theory”) when 7:00 rolled around and “CWP” debuted.  

Well…

It actually gained and held our attention.  Part of the appeal was due to this being a program no one needs to take too seriously and some was seeing well-known figures interact with members of their family, such as Tyra Banks with her mother.  

To my surprise the shows featured were not only Fox products but included offerings from Disney+, TLC and even CBS Sunday Night At The Movies.  Even though the three of us who constitute the Geo-household still hadn’t seen many of the programs the “celebrities” were viewing but we could still laugh together with the rest of the viewing world when Ozzy Osbourne mumbled: “Who the (bleep) is that?” upon last week’s Masked Singer reveal.  Just like the erstwhile musician/personality/bat-head-biter we also had never heard of Jackie Evancho.  

So an hour goes by and we laughed.  A lot.  

Will I catch “Celebrity Watch Party” tonight?  

Sure!

______________________________

Put this one into the “even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while” category:

A few Christmases ago I gave Geogal (who is a notoriously difficult person to buy for) a PhoneSoap as one of her presents.  I got the idea from an episode of “Shark Tank” and figured given her work in health care and her penchant for keeping items sanitary it would be a good gift.  

Now fast-forward to March of 2020.  She and Geoana have returned to Kansas for a time and there is much concern about COVID-19 and what actions the federal and state governments will take.  Geogal is unpacking and reaches into one box, pulls out the PhoneSoap and says—with conviction:  

“Best! Gift! Ever!!”


Note to self:  Savor this for as long as you can.  

No comments: