Saturday, March 16, 2019

Couple of quick hitters

Is spring just around the corner?  

In my last entry I noted we expected snow and some brutal-cold wind chill temps for Sunday, March 3.  Yes, we got both but since then not only has the sun made some appearances but we also were blessed (or hit, depending on whom you ask) with a fair amount of rain.  The precipitation not only helped eradicate the piles of shoveled/plowed snow from the sides of the roads but also gave the ground a good washing  which did wonders to remedy the dirt-gravel-asphalt sludge left behind by the snowplows.  

Heck, just this morning I noted to Geogal that I’m willing to get out the grill and put some meat over flames this evening.  

Yet because I’ve lived in Kansas for over a decade I’m not being naive about the outdoors.  I am aware that March and April can still bring white stuff and other unusual meteorological occurrences.   

_____________________________

College hoops is coming to a close and I have my fingers crossed.  Can New Mexico State make it out of the first round this year?  Interesting note:  Some bracketologists have the Aggies going in as a 12 seed, going against a 5 seed for the first Thursday/Friday of the tourney.  Briefly they had Kansas State as said 5-seed, which would have created an odd emotional collision in the Geohouse.  However the pundits are now predicting the Wildcats to be seeded higher.  Maybe.  We’ll just have to wait for tomorrow evening to learn where everyone lands.   


Go Aggies!  After all, you won’t even be invited to the dance unless you win the WAC tournament.  Never mind your great overall win-loss record….

No comments: