Saturday, June 20, 2015

Summer's here???

After quite a bit of mild temps and rainy days it seems true summer finally arrived here in our part of Kansas.  The forecast calls for temps in the upper 90s with little to no chance of precip for the next several days.  

That's fine with me.  Helps with some things and too much of anything isn't good.  

And it's fun to play the "I lived in the Arizona desert" card with locals.  

Just this morning I was at a local retail establishment and the sales guy made the obligatory comment about our temps and I answered that at least here we do endure warm temps through August/early September then the thermometer starts going way way down.  Which makes summer much more tolerable.  

And anyway, let's remember days like these come January when we're all complaining about the wind chill and covering up any exposed skin.  

_______________________________

I certainly want to share more here than just the weather.  Work still keeps me busy and the child is even more occupied than I.  There was the whirlwind trip to D.C., followed by a week of Discovery Days at Kansas State University (courtesy of 4-H).  Once she returned from that then she did a basketball camp/clinic which led to a weekend tournament in Kearney.  From there she immediately went to 4-H camp after being recruited to be a counselor at the last minute.  

I don't think I even know what she looks like now.  


No comments: