Friday, May 22, 2015

Good To Be Back

Geoana and I visited Washington D.C. and northern Virginia this week, we returned to town a little after 6 this morning.  

Even though I had my Air with me I decided not to do any postings until the return home.  Certainly don't want to advertise I'm out of town.  Recall Allstate's boffo Sugar Bowl commercials from a few months ago?

Since I'm still sleep-deprived and trying to regain my bearings I won't write a lengthy entry today.  However a photo from one of our destinations required posting here as soon as possible so the entire Geofamily can have a laugh.  

For the readers not related to me:  I lived in the D.C. area as a youngster, this was over 40 years ago.  Given my age at the time I remember some sights more than others.  One that sticks in my mind well is the U.S. Marine Corps War Memorial at Arlington National Cemetery.  Or as I referred to it at the time:  "Those guys messing with the flag."  

Unfortunately our group had to rush through this site so the picture was taken from the north and somewhat into the sun.  Plus the friend who snapped the pic of Geoana and I wanted to be sure to get the flag in the shot as well.  Still, enjoy:  


No comments: