Saturday, July 31, 2010

Bountiful?

Back again, this time from Texas. (I don't want to see another Interstate highway for some time.)

As part of our decompression-from-traveling and get-back-into-normal-life routine, Geogal and I decided to head out to the garden. Lots of weeds, as expected, but it appeared some of the Yukon Gold potatoes were ready for harvest (vines were dead). So, with spade and bowl we started digging.

Hmm. A bit disappointing.

The potatoes were there but diminutive in size. I didn't intend on reaping a crop of new potatoes. Plus a few of our yellow onions were ready as well.

See for yourself.



But life's not all bad. Turns out our yellow squash is producing well.



I joked with Geogal, saying it's a good thing we don't live in a hunter/gatherer society today. Given my lack of ability to bring down game birds and our teeny-tiny veggies we would likely starve. Unless we could barter services of some kind.

No comments: