Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I'm not fooled

Late last week the outside temps started going up. Then Saturday, little Geoana's first soccer game of the season, it was gray, cloudy, and in the low 40's with a bitter biting wind.

Sunday (of course!) the thermometer returned to 60s and 70s range.

Yesterday we hit the low 80's. Way too nice for northwest Kansas in March. This week I'm seeing just how many meals I can cook outside (i.e. grill) before we have another bust of the cold.

That's right. I'm going into my third April here on the prairie (time flies, don't it?) and I figure we're not out of the frigid cold just yet. Spring is here and that means varying temperatures that can sometimes be extreme. I don't care if the weather predictors have us nice and warm for the present, I know Mother Nature is lurking, getting that Arctic air ready for one final blast before taking the cold to the southern hemisphere.

Still it's nice not to have to wear a jacket outdoors and have the windows open for a change. C'mon summer!

No comments: