Thursday, January 03, 2008

And yes, it is a New year!

Just enjoying some leisure time. That’s a summation of my life over the past week and a half.

And I’m OK with that.

With the benefit of hindsight, I have to wonder how we made it through the days that led up to Xmas. Considering I was working nearly 40 hours a week (Geogal was working 40 and then some), plus the additional stresses of little Geoana performing in two musicals, preparing two dishes for a company holiday pot-luck, swimming lessons for Geoana, ensuring we were prepared for the Christmas meal, and sending off the gifts for nieces and nephews, it’s a wonder we’re still sane.

Not to mention when the workday ended the evening of December 21, I still had not started my gift shopping. (Cue the high-stress music now.)

We can thank a merciful God.

So I do not feel guilty due to spending the past few days relaxing in front of the idiot box watching bowl games. Or for sleeping in slightly for a few days.

I’ve earned it. So has the whole family. And, the adults in the house did return to work during the last two days.

___________________________________


Speaking of being leisurely, Geogal and I spent the past Sunday afternoon watching various programs that were accumulated on the DVR (just DirecTV’s version of TiVo). Just call it a “Torchwood” mini-marathon. And yes, I have admitted on this blog before that I am officially a Torchwood fanatic. For those of you who haven’t seen it or are not aware of its existence, just think X-Files, Doctor Who, Mission Impossible, and various soap opera elements all rolled into one. Who cares about a writer’s strike? They do have TV writers across the pond, you know.


Now, an unpleasant task. Review my New Year’s resolutions for 2007 and see just how well I did, or how badly I missed the mark. My material for 2007 is already out there for the world to see. Just give me a little time to review...

No comments: