Friday, November 16, 2007

Fast thoughts

Yet another reason why I am not a gambling man.

Yesterday I thought to myself: "Oregon will show up to play. There's no way Arizona will beat them two years in a row. Final score--Oregon 28, Arizona 3."

Imagine my shock when I picked up my newspaper in the driveway this morning. What a whiff!
________________________________

The Dolphins obviously think things cannot get any worse for them.


Dumbest quote of the day, even more outlandish than anything that came from Barry Bonds' attorneys, is courtesy of Miami linebacker Zach Thomas:

"He won't be a cancer in the locker room. He has always had a good work ethic."

Say what?? Hey Thomas, do you not recall what took place in July of 2004, when Williams suddenly announced he was retiring from the game? That his timing could not have been worse for the team? Bailing out just before the beginning of training camp? Leaving at a time when all the talented free agent running backs were already signed by other teams?

What kind of work ethic is that?
_________________________________

I still have a hard time believing next week is Thanksgiving. Where did this year go?

No comments: